Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What's Confidence Got to Do With It?

 So do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded. Hebrews 10:35 NIV

Actually, after I typed the title of this blog post, it reminded me of the late Tina Turner's song, What's Love Got to Do With It? But confidence has a lot to do with the 80+ pound weight loss that Christ did in my life, and He allowed me to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years.

You would think it might be that I'm supposed to have confidence in myself, but that's far from what this is about. In fact, it's quite the opposite. After going on what seems like 30 million different diet plans, and some of them several different times, I thought that if I went on my "Good Diet," I could loose all my weight. Now, that's confidence in myself. What happened is, I lost a few pound here and there, but I would always gain back far more weight than I ever lost.

It wasn't until I gave up and put my food, eating, and stress, into Christ's very capable hands, the weight started coming off after all those many years! I had told God, "I can't do it. If You ever want me to be thin, You'll have to do it, because I can't!" In reality, I didn't pray this thinking anything was going to happen, but it did! Then, I realize that I have to have confidence in my Lord and Savior to be in charge, and to realize that when I start to stray with my food, I'm more apt to stray with my faith, because Satan uses our weaknesses as a wedge to work into our daily lives. My confidence has to remain focused on my Lord!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: