Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Never Being Able to Get Enough

Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, lest you be filled with it and vomit. Proverbs 25:16

Can you ever get too much of a good thing? I never could. I remember that when I was growing up, on holidays, we had the table loaded with all types of foods, and many different types of food. Only on these occasions, we left the food out for the afternoon, so everyone could come back and eat again, when they were hungry.

I would eat until I was stuffed, but periodically through the afternoon, I would mentally ask myself, "Are you hungry yet?" I would be excited when I thought I was almost hungry and would have another opportunity to stuff some more down. I thought that would give me pleasure to have as many extra servings of these special foods, but it didn't. Instead, it just left me sick to my stomach and too full to do much of anything.

All those years, I could never get enough to fill me up, but what I was really trying to do was fill my aching soul. I thought some type of food could do that, but it never could. The only thing that has given me that satisfied feeling, is when I let Christ be in control of my food, body, and eating. Yes, I do backtrack, at times. Fortunately for me, Christ shows me when I start falling back into old destructive eating patterns. He always welcomes me, despite whatever backsliding I've done and He loves me no matter what my size is. He has also to love myself, as well.

Since I applying this Bible verse to my own life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: