Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Eating to Satisfy a Hungry Soul

 The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul, but the stomach of the wicked shall be in want. Proverbs 13:25.

So many years, I had it all backwards. I wasn't eating to satisfy my soul. I was eating, because I was stressed, unhappy, angry or bored! Sometimes I didn't even realize that I felt these ways, but I never felt satisfied no matter how much I ate!

I was eating to satisfy a hungry soul, not real hunger. I didn't realize this all those years I allowed this to steal my happiness and self-esteem from me. When I asked Christ to be in charge of my food, body, eating, and stress, He started showing me that no longer had to let these control my life. 

I didn't need to feed my hungry soul, because Christ did. When I gave up trying to be in control all aspects of my life, and control those who hurt or disappointed me, my life was totally different. I had a satisfying sense of calm in my life, that doesn't come from feeling full. It only came from the positive influence had on my life. I know this sounds like I wasn't a Christian before, but I was. I just tried to be in control of things all those years, and things only changed when I let Christ be in control of things!

Since I applying this Bible verse to my own life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: