Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Eating the Bread of Sorrows

 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows, for so He [the Lord God] gives His beloved sleep. Psalm 127:2

Sure, there were evenings, years before I turned my food over into God's very capable hands, where I stayed up late eating. Fortunately for me, that's not the case, these days! The thing is, I can't take credit for any of it.  I didn't just decide to eat differently. I didn't will it to happen. I didn't make an elaborate plan or go on a specific diet. I just gave up! Yes, you heard me right...I just gave up!

I gave up trying to diet. I gave up on trying to ever be thin, because I had been putting my life on hold all those years, until I was finally thin! I just plain...gave up! I had been on more diets and food programs than I could mention, and some multiple times, at that. I even had staples put in my ears, because that was the current weight loss fun, all to no avail, but a big medical bill.

No matter what I tried, it didn't work, or not for long. I felt like a failure and felt I would never be thin, so I just gave up! I sat down on my bed, over 30 years ago and said, "God, if You ever want me to be thin, You'll have to do it, because I can't. I give up!' You know what? I wasn't expecting anything to happen when I gave up, but it was that very same day, that Christ made the difference in my life. No more did I stay up late to eat the bread of sorrow, over the stressors in my life. I started turning these over into Christ's very capable hands. That made all the difference and He can do it for you, if you truly give up trying to be in control, and turn these things over to Him!"

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: