Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Only One I Harmed Was Me, but That Wasn't Good Either

 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. Proverbs 4:17

I used to eat, stuffing food down in my mouth, as if it were a weapon. I would eat thinking about all mean insensitive things that others did to me. I would eat over what I thought they thought about me. I ate over what I thought was their disapproval of me and my size. 

I would eat, as if I was punishing them for all the hurtful, wicked, things they said and did, but did I? No, for the only one I harmed was me, but that wasn't good either! In fact, I was hurting myself while I was mentally trying to pay them back for disregarding me and my contributions as a person. 

The thing I learned, when I started turning my food, body, eating, and stress over into Christ's very capable hands, was usually, these people weren't really all that focused on me. I just thought they were. Regardless if they were or not, it wasn't right for me to eat thinking hateful, wicked things to those other people. In that case, I was the one who was the one who was eating the bread of wickedness. Fortunately, Christ has shown me there is a better way. When I am angry or stressed, I can turn these hurt, angry feelings into Christ's very capable hands and He will heal my aching soul, if I let Him.

Since I applying this Bible verse to my own life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: