Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Good Was It?

Mark 8: 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

The funny thing is, I really was looking for a Bible verse that had the word "fit" in it, because it tied into the idea that my pants were too tight and didn't fit well after eating two whole bags of peanuts at the baseball game. Instead, the fit portion of "profit" came up, but I felt like this is the verse I'm really supposed to be talking about.

I think it's that I keep chasing after worldly things like food, etc. instead of always focusing on what is really important. So, if I obtain the food I want, the size I want to be, the attention from others I admire, what's it matter if I loose my own soul?

None of these things matters when it comes down to it. Jesus loves me the way I am whether my pants fit or not, whether I ate two bags of peanuts at the ball came or not, whether anyone I admire approves of me or not. What matters is whether Christ approves of me and is that my goal? I need to be prayerful about all of this, because I feel Christ is trying to show me that it doesn't pay to get caught up in worldly things!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: