Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Setting Myself Up for Failure

Galatians 6: 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

I recently went to a baseball game with a group from my church. They had a special price that included all the food you can eat from particular noted vendors at the ball park. I had done this before with the church and found it a special treat to get to eat all the peanuts I wanted with the special package deal. I read the email from the person arranging the outing and was REALLY disappointed that they didn't have peanuts in the list of foods that this package deal covered.  I was later told that the food package had been altered somewhat to include dessert. This peaked my interest. I got to see that the new list of foods did include peanuts.

Prior to going to the game, I told myself that I could eat all the peanuts I wanted. Yeah! I walked through all the vendors a couple of times to find the correct vendor to get the peanuts and took two bags and asked my husband to get two bags in case I wanted more. Talk about setting yourself up for failure! After eating my bratwurst, I proceeded to eat my first bag of peanuts. It was O.K., but did I stop? No, I started eating the second bag of peanuts. I realized mid-way through that second bag that I really wasn't interested in eating any more. Did I stop? No, I told myself that since I wasn't going to eat the included ice cream I could have gotten, that I deserved to eat the rest of the second bag of peanuts. When I read this passage, it made me think that I was sowing of the flesh instead of focusing on the game and the wonderful company from others from my church.

I think I got what I deserved! I had swollen toes through the night, something I rarely, if ever, have. My balance was off during the night more than it usually is. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: