Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Strange Connection

Acts 15: 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

I know that this may seem like a strange connection with this Bible verse, but I feel led to share it with you anyway, since I try to apply the passages I read in the Bible to my daily life. When I read it a few minutes ago, it reminded me of how when I was very overweight, I thought that everyone else was better than I was and that I was undeserving of friendship, kindness, respect, etc.

I looked forward to the day when I would have a thin body and those same people would treat me as a friend, be kind, and respect me and my ideas. The thing is, it's somewhat like those who want to be Christians, who think that when they act like those they see whom they feel are more dedicated to their faith, they will become Christians, as well. They feel undeserving.

The strange thing is, none of us is deserving, including those who appear to have their act together. When Christ allowed me to loose over 80 pounds, I was the same person I always was. I was always deserving of friendship, kindness, respect, etc. even at my highest weight. It's the same for our faith in Christ. Even at the worst point in our lives, Christ's through His grace welcomes us into His Christian family of believers. We don't have to look or act a particular way, because we are all sinners and are undeserving. Through Christ's grace, He welcomes us all and we don't have to wait until some future date when we might be better prepared. He loves us now, so much so that He gave His life for us and rose from the grave to save us from our sins. He is not waiting until we meet some perfectionististic criteria we might have to become a Christian, we just have to love Him as our Savior. Don't wait for perfection, because Christ is the only perfection there is. Why wait?

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: