Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So Sad...

Luke 12:15 And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Yesterday, I had some trying things happen. Someone tried to call a relative an implied that my dad had left an inheritance like through life insurance when he passed away. I tried to check it out, but it really wasn't true. Somehow they were able to make the initial call and make it look like it was from a credible insurance company, but they had no record of my dad.

At first, it made me frustrated that there are people out there that prey on the family of the deceased and try to get vital information in order to try to either scam the family or to do Identity Theft with the information of the deceased. Then, I realized that it was exactly two months from the date that my dad had passed away and it made me sad that these people were doing this to take advantage of my dad on that day.

After this, I wanted to eat, since it was later than I usually eat dinner. I ate something quick but sufficient enough, but still felt hungry. I briefly realized that my hunger had more to do with the stressful situation and missing my dad, but I still felt HUNGRY! Knowing this, I tried to pick something healthy. I picked a salad. At first, I was going to use the fattening dressing, but decided to use the vinegar and oil that I know is healthier. Fortunately for me, Christ got me through all of this, but it still saddens me when I think of all of this-not because there isn't an inheritance, because that doesn't matter-it's only money. It has more to do with the people trying to taking advantage of my dad after he had already passed away.  

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: