Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Must Not be Good for Me

Matthew 5: 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

I woke up this morning and my mouth tasted terrible! I had brushed my teeth last night, so I wondered what caused it to still taste so bad. I went through everything I had eaten yesterday. I had oatmeal for breakfast. I had healthy soup that I had made and ate it for lunch. Oh, I forgot that my husband had gotten a pizza and I ate an extra large slice of that. 

Sure the top of the pizza looked healthy, since it had a few veggies strewn here and there. At the moment, it seemed like good choice, because it was easy. I didn't have to think about what to do except for getting a salad ready to eat with it, but was it worth it?

The reason this passage is here is that I feel when I am eating healthy and making appropriate life style choices, it's my way of letting what Christ did for me shine. When I'm being a poor example of how He works in my life, it's like I'm not giving recognition or credit to Christ for allowing me to lose over 80 pounds and allowing me to keep off the vast majority of the weight for over 30 years. Obviously, the pizza wasn't that good for me in several ways. Not only did my mouth taste terrible, even after brushing, I wasn't being a good example and wasn't glorifying God for all He's done in my life.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: