Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Lunch Out Was a Big Deal

These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33 

My husband and I were doing an errand which caused us to be out of town. He had packed himself a lunch, but I hadn't known it. If I had, I would have packed one for myself, as well. I knew we were going to be gone the whole day, so skipping lunch was not a good idea for me. 

I prayerfully contemplated all of this while we were driving out of town. I could remember the times where I had tried it and had become irritable, because I had low blood sugar. Christ wants peace in our lives, not tribulation, so eating lunch was a big deal.


I told my husband that I needed to stop and eat lunch, so that I didn't become low blood sugar. He was gracious about it and took me to lunch, so I could get the food I needed for my body. I don't know why it's so difficult for me to ask for what I need, but I know that it's important. It's just something I have to keep turning over to Christ's capable hands, just like my food, body, and eating.  These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: