Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Blaming Everyone Else for My Weight

1 Thessalonians 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: 13To the end He may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

When I used to be very heavy, I used to blame everyone else for my weight. It was my mother-in-law's fault I was heavy, because she cooked lots of starchy foods when we visited. It was my first husband's fault, because he never appreciated me enough. It was the fault of society for being so weight conscious that they ostracized me. It was the fault of this and that and the next thing, but never me.

During the time just before Christ allowed me to lose the 80 pounds 30 years ago, He allowed me to see how important food and the desire to have a thin body had become to me. Christ allowed me to see that food had become a false god in my life, because I was turning to it instead of to my Lord and Savior in times of stress, loneliness, fear, etc.

He also showed me that I was blaming everyone else, including Him for my being overweight. I figured that since He can do miracles, He could just take my excess weight away and my whole life would be wonderful. Well, it wasn't until Christ allowed me to see myself as I really am, faults and all, that He allowed me to lose the weight. It wasn't because I was a better Christian than anyone else, it was because I finally got to the point where I turned my food, body, and eating over to Christ's very capable hands and stopped trying to control everything in my life. Additionally, I had to stop blaming everything in my life and look in the mirror. When I did, it was easier to finally turn the control over. I have been truly blessed and if Christ can do this for me, He most certainly can do this for you, as well, if you let Him!!!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: