Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When Light Cooking Isn't Enough

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10

I made some healthy oatmeal cookies for my husband. I used honey and Stevia instead of sugar and I used applesauce instead of oil. He wanted me to put lots of walnuts and raisins in the cookies, so I obliged. Since the cookies had ingredients I could eat, I decided to try one and see how they turned out. Big mistake! 

One led to two, which led to three cookies and then I stopped. I had eaten my portion of carbs for that meal and figured I would eat a light and have some more that evening. I ate a light meal, but all I could think about from lunch until dinner was having more of those nutty oatmeal cookies.  That's when it dawned on me! I was slipping back into my old behaviors! Over 30 years ago, when Christ was in the process of showing me how food had become too important in my life, He allowed me to see how food had become a false god in my life. I was turning to food to comfort me when I was stressed rather than turn those issues over to Christ's capable hands. I was turning to food to celebrate, I was turning to food...

Realizing I was on the verge on slipping back into that counterproductive pattern from years past, all I could do is pray. I prayed and prayed through that evening, because I really wanted them! Sure they were light, more healthy versions of a food I used to enjoy. But, if eating them causes me to go into a tailspin and loose my focus on letting God be in charge of my eating, it's not worth it. My life has been so wonderful since I started turning my stress and the rest of life's issues over into His hands. That doesn't mean everything is wonderful, but that when I know that God is in charge of these and I don't have to be fretting over them, it's wonderful! Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: