Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Happens When Real Life Sneaks In?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 

What happens when real life sneaks in? I am a Ducks-in-a-Row Person and go to great lengths to plan things out, so that I can meet all my obligations. I wanted to end that- "With a Smile," but being honest, I don't think I've done things with a smile lately. That's a whole other issue I need to turn over!

I missed getting out two of my blog posts, when I try so hard to schedule them ahead. Too many unexpected things have happened lately, plus misjudging the timing of the things I did know about. Part of me wants to explain all the things that have happened, but that would be getting into the weeds and that's counterproductive! When things are hectic like this and feel like they are out of my control, I feel more tempted to eat and eat and eat which is even more counterproductive than getting in the weeds! 

The thing about this is part of the last sentence has the key to all of this. My overeating is worse when I feel like I'm not in control. My dieting is worse when I try to be in control.  I found this out 30+ years ago, when I turned my eating, food, and body over to God's capable hands. I told Him that if He wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I just couldn't do it any more! The urge to eat large quantities of food and desserts were taken away from me. I spent a lot of time prayerfully contemplating why Christ allowed me to lose 80+ pounds after all the diets I had been on over the years. What I was shown was that when I turned my eating, food, and body over into God's capable hands, I was also turning the control over to Christ. All those years, I asked God to help me lose the weight, help me solve the stressful situations, help me...  

So, although this Bible verse talks about the righteous not having fellowship with unrighteous, it makes me think about applying it in a different way. I don't want the positive behaviors Christ has allowed which brings light into my life to slip back into old patterns that caused darkness all those years I tried to be in control rather than turning it over to Christ. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: