Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Thought I Had a Good Plan, but I Went Overboard

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 1 Peter 5:10

I told you in the previous post how I craved the light, healthy versions of oatmeal cookies I made for my husband. In that I still was craving those nutty oatmeal cookies, I had what I thought was an inspired plan. Since I was craving the nuttiness of the oatmeal cookies, I would just put more nuts in my oatmeal and other foods. 

I must have put a cup of chopped walnuts in my oatmeal that morning. Since that was so good, I decided to have nutty oatmeal for dinner. I had the nutty oatmeal again the next morning, but didn't have them for dinner again. Actually, it got to the point that my jaw was hurting from chewing all the nuts. To top that off, my plan backfired and I gained extra weight! Ugh!!!

I was so proud of myself-big mistake!!!! I thought I was doing much better, because I didn't eat any more of the oatmeal cookies I was craving. Notice the underlined portion, I was proud of myself. That shows me that it was an I-Me thing, not turning it over to Christ like I thought I was doing. I used to ask God to help me lose the weight, help me stay on a diet, help me...  He showed me how I was trying to be in control of my food, body, and eating and all aspects of my life. When I turned to God and asked Him to be in control of these things instead of me, the weight started coming off and food wasn't important any more in the way that it had been. What's that say about me now? For one, it shows me that Satan knows my vulnerabilities and uses them to lead me astray. I have to turn these over into Christ's very capable hands, because He alone can heal me of these. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 1 Peter 5:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: