Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Love My Food More Than My Family?

 We love Him, because He first loved us. 1 John 4: 19

I explained in some recent posts that I ate 2/3 of a bag of Kettle Corn. Of course, it said that it was low fat and low sugar, but it still adds up. If I figure out a servings worth and multiply how many servings I ate by the grams of sugar, it really adds up. This is of special concern because I don't handle sugar well, because I'm Hypoglycemic.

The day after I ate the Kettle Corn, I was cranky with my husband. One of the many ways I'm affected by sugar is that it elevates my blood sugar, then it wears off and bottoms out, leaving me cranky with those I love. Usually, I stay away from sugar, but as you know, I deluded myself into thinking it wouldn't affect me, because of the low amount of sugar in it. Maybe it wouldn't have affected me if I had eaten a normal amount, but I ate several servings worth of Kettle Corn.

Everything my husband was saying was getting on my nerves. I couldn't believe how insensitive he seemed to me. When I feel overwhelmed, I've learned that it's beneficial to have some quiet time with God about it. I like to go rest on my bed while I prayerfully contemplate things with Christ, my Savior.

Well, it turned out, as you probably well suspected to be all my fault. God let me realize that it wasn't my husband who was being insensitive, but that because of the sugar in what I had eaten the previous day, I was impatient and everything was getting on my nerves! Once I was aware of what I had done, I prayed asking God to take that edginess away from me and He did. I wasn't cranky the rest of the day. Then, I had to go apologize my husband for being so edgy all morning. 

At times like this, I have to ask myself if I love food more than my family, and of course that's not the case. It just reminds me that my actions have to be aligned with my feelings. Fortunately, the Lord, who loves me greatly, gets me back focused on the right track. The thing is, Christ doesn't just love me, He loves you too and can do the same for you. Just pray and put it into His capable hands every time you eat. He may have some lessons for you first like He did me, but He can take this compulsion away. It doesn't mean that it doesn't sneak back up from time-to-time, because that's how Satan likes to test vulnerable Christians, but the Lord will get you through it if you let Him.  We love Him, because He first loved us. 1 John 4: 19

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: