Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Follow-Up Post on Kettle Corn Fiasco

Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak

So, the last few posts have been about my episode with eating 2/3 of a bag of Kettle Corn which said it was low in sugar and fat. Well, you can get quite a lot of both when you eat 2/3 of a bag. I've shared some of the other effects of eating all that in the other posts. I wanted to explain about what happened the night after I ate it all.

I had eaten dinner and a salad, but still felt hungry. I ate an apple, but still felt hungry. I ate another apple, but still felt hungry. Since I felt so hungry, I went through the things I had eaten to see if they had been substantial enough to get me through the evening and they were. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling that hungry, because I rarely have strong cravings like that anymore. 

After praying about it, I found out that the strong hunger cravings were, because I had eaten all that sugar the day before. Once I was aware of that, I prayed and asked God to take over, because I knew I wanted to get into a bag of tortilla chips that were calling my name.


Fortunately for me, Christ gave me the feeling that giving into cravings wasn't going to help me one bit and could lead back to old eating patterns I used to have. So, every time I felt like I could eat the doorknobs off, I prayed for God to heal my willingness to turn this over to Him. I tried to find something else to do rather than watch T.V., because the commercials made me want to eat all the more. Christ did get me through the evening and I haven't had the cravings since. If I had given in to them, the good would still be controlling my life, instead of my putting my food, my body, and my eating into Christ's very capable hands. Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: