Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Hungry Soul

For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9

I don’t know about you, but there have been so many times in my life where I felt I needed to eat something. For me, it’s usually something crunchy. When I’m being prayerful about my actions, I realize that these times seem to be when I’m stressed or worried about the well-being of someone I care about.

When I’m a Hungry Soul Christian, filling my body with food during these times, the hunger exists even after having a full meal and more than ample amounts of additional foods. That’s because it’s not my stomach that’s hungry, it’s my soul. My stress or worry about others I care about is totally out of my hands and no amount of food or worry will change those conditions, but Christ can.

I have to turn these stressful situations and the desire to overeat into God’s very capable hands and trust His ability to take care of these people. Will I get a call that day saying that these issues are resolved? That’s highly unlikely. I do know that God gets us through the good times and the bad, and will get those people through them, as well. God’s timing is impeccable and He knows the right timing and way to resolve these issues. I have no doubt about that! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: