Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, February 5, 2015

What Kind of Friends Are They?

Should thy lies make men hold their peace? And when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? Job 11:3

Job had been through all these trials. He had lost his children, his cattle, his standing in the community, and his health. His supposed friends were there to comfort him. What kind of friends were they, anyway? All they did was to Job down. They said the passage above to him: Should thy lies make men hold their peace? And when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? Job 11:3

They told him in many different ways that the terrible things that had befallen Job were because he was a bad person, must have sinned and must have offended God in some way. Each and every one of his supposed friends tried to make him feel terrible about himself, but Job stood strong in his faith in God throughout the time his friends ran him down.

Well, this makes me think of us. I know that in my life, I didn’t always pick friends that were the most supportive. Some of them were quick to point out my faults. Ann Landers, in an old article, said that friends do that to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Some of my supposed friends made me feel terrible about my weight, like I deserved it, which is very similar to the comments from Job’s supposed friends. This made me feel terrible about myself. There were times in my life where I was involved in unhealthy relationships, because I felt unworthy of more.

Fortunately for me, God showed me that it was better to have no friends than to have ones that continually put me down and make me feel terrible about myself. God showed me that it was worth waiting for healthy friendships and relationships where my feelings and needs are respected. God also showed me that He loves me just the way I am, whatever my weight is…and He loves you too! Should thy lies make men hold their peace? And when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed? Job 11:3

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips: How to Deal with Negative People in Your Life: Motivational Mondays
By: Betty Rocker with TheBettyRocker.com via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives