Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Takes Me Back, Once Again

Go and proclaim these Words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.  Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My Voice, saith the LORD.  Jeremiah 3:12-13

At holiday meals when I overeat, I worry that I’m backsliding into old eating patterns. Patterns that God had cured me of some 30+ years ago. When I’m prayerful about what I had been doing and turn my food, eating, and stress over to God’s very capable hands, He heals me and takes me back, once again.

Do I do the same with my faith? There are times where I fill my life with worldly things like TV’s, computers, texts, etc. and spend less time focusing on Jesus, my Lord and Savior. When I’m backsliding into worldly ways, what should I do?  

I have found that if I turn to Christ and talk to Him, just like I would a friend, telling Him that I’m sorry that I’ve not paid the attention to Him that He so justly deserves, He forgives me and takes me back, once againGo and proclaim these Words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.  Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My Voice, saith the LORD.  Jeremiah 3:12-13

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: