Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Doesn’t Want Me to Be a Garbage Can

Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

Well, it was my annual domestic event. Each year, I have the young ones draw on my pumpkins instead of cutting them, so that I can bake them to make homemade from scratch pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. As some of you know, I write the posts as I feel led to and schedule them to come out at a later date.

I had an abundance of cooked pumpkin, so I decided to make pumpkin bread one day and pies the next. I made four big loaves, three medium loaves, and about a dozen pumpkin bread muffins. Unfortunately, I took all the loaves of pumpkin bread out a tad too early and the middles sank down.

I had originally planned to share these loaves of pumpkin bread with friends and relatives, but knew they weren't presentable, as is. In trying to test the sunken loaves out, I ate the middle of one of the loaves to see if they tasted alright. Although the middle was soft and somewhat gooey, it had a wonderful taste. My slice ended up two and then three.

At first, I thought that I would just give them to my husband. Then, I realized that my husband recently attended an informative class about diabetes and was really working at being healthy. What was I thinking when I thought I would give the pumpkin bread to him to save me from being tempted?

I realized that I had to be prayerful about what God wanted me to do with this bread that didn’t look presentable, but tasted yummy. I’ve found that over the years, that I don’t mind people eating all types of desserts in front of me that I used to crave. God’s taken the urge for desserts away from me. I find myself being tempted with the food that isn't going to get eaten and is going to waste, but God doesn’t want me to be a garbage can. I sliced the bread on the ends to make a couple of gift plates and I threw all the soft middles into the garbage, so that I didn't eat it, thanks to God! Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: