Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

We Should Not Be Fearful, but Fear the Lord

And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.  Deuteronomy, Chapter 10, verse 12.

It seems like there are times where I’m filled with fear. Often this fear manifests itself in stress. I get stressed about situations in the lives of people I care about, that are far out of my hands. When I’m filled with fear or stress, it’s like I’m saying, “God, I love You, but I’m not sure You’re going to take care of this situation, so I’m going to worry about it.”

Well, I’m often a Stressed-Out Christian more times than I can remember. Fortunately for me, God shows me that it is very counterproductive to worry. Not only does it show the shallowness of my faith, I’ve turned to food to comfort me in times of stress. That means I’ve turned to a false god [food] to make me feel better, when only God can do that.

I need to turn my fear and stress into God’s capable hands as soon as I realize what I’m doing. I no longer want to be fearful, but Fear the Lord with all my heart and soul and trust God to take care of these issues in His way and timing. And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.  Deuteronomy 10 verse 12.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: