Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So What Does This Passage Have to Do With Overeating?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

I realize that you may be asking what this has to do with overeating. It really doesn’t have anything to do with overeating. It’s talking about not hanging around with people who could lead you astray from your faith. Why in the world would I use this passage for the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog?

Well, I’m not actually sure, but when I read it a few minutes ago, several related things came to mind. If not eating compulsively allows you to be better Christian, to feel better about yourself, and to relate more positively to people you care about, we should avoid situations and people that may lead us to be tempted.

Sure, it may not sound like the level of temptation where someone is trying to convince you to rob a bank or to take drugs. I don’t know about you, but when I’m compulsively overeating, food, the thought of food, the fear of gaining weight, and my poor self-esteem seem to be foremost in my life-not God. They keep me at a distance from those I care about and I am less apt to be the person God wants me to be.

Additionally, there are people who might try to encourage you to eat in an unhealthy manner. They may even undermine your attempts to have balance in your eating and life. People like this, although well-meaning, may be people that we should be prayerful about prior to interactions with them. When we turn to Christ prior to interactions that can lead us astray, whether it’s food, drugs, unhealthy relationships, etc., He can protect us from the darkness and lead us into the light that only He can provide. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: