Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

You Would Think That Salvation Would Be More Complicated, but It Isn't...

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21

I was in the pits of despair. I had spend most of my life overweight and nothing worked for long. I had joined one weight loss group three or four times, plus a number of others, including fad diets that worked their way into women's magazines. Sure I had lost a few pounds here and there, but always ended up gaining more weight back than I had lost on the diets.

I was more than 80 pounds overweight. I'm not sure how much over, because I was afraid to weigh myself. I really didn't want to know. It would be just one more failure in my life and I didn't want to face it! I sat on my bed, telling God that I give up. I told Him that I would never be thin and if He wanted me to be thin, then He'd have to take care of it.

If I'm truly being honest, I wasn't asking God to take care of my weight. I was just letting Him know that I was giving up and didn't want to spend my whole life going from failed diet to diet. It must have been the very first time that I had given up total control in my life and turned it over to Christ, because that very same day, my need was taken away to eat excessive amounts of food and sweets. Christ showed me that if I turned to Him with my stress, concerns, and joys, I no longer had to eat over them.

Christ showed me how to start liking myself and to put healthy limits in my life, not just with food, but with relationships, as well. He gave me my life back when I called to Him in the pits of despair, and you know what? He listened and He answered my prayers, just like He can answer yours if you truly ask Him!  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: