Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It's Funny That I Can Love Others, but Not Love Myself...

This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

It's amazing that Jesus is so forgiving of us and encourages us to be as forgiving of others. Unfortunately, I find it much easier to forgive others their faults than to forgive myself! So, why is this important?

Well, for one thing, I am a person who is more drawn to food as a protective barrier when I don't feel good about myself. It's a double whammy, when I don't feel good about my eating, which could possibly lead me back into eating more to hide or punish those self-loathing feelings I have, at the time.

Fortunately for me, Jesus shows me again and again, in this verse that He wants me to love me just as He loves me. Why is that so hard for me to believe? When I'm down on myself for some insignificant flaw or a significant one, I don't just let it go. I seem to mentally chastise myself over it for some time, like that's my punishment for making that error or eating things I knew were wrong for me.

When I'm really turning my life, food, and eating over to God's very capable hands. He makes me aware that Jesus loves me and all my shortcomings, regardless. He loves me enough for the both of us, even when I find it difficult to love myself. Knowing that, makes me feel so blessed, that eventually, I realize that I have to turn the self-loathing over to God, as well. If He could take away my overeating, He can certainly take away my self-loathing when I make errors. This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15: 12

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: