Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Didn’t Lose Out, I Did…

 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. Psalm 96:5

I was praying today and got side-tracked. I was thinking about how quickly the ink gets used up out of the printer cartridges for the new printer that we purchased. After that, I prayed to God saying that I was sorry, because He just lost ten minutes of time with me due to my being distracted. Then it dawned on me, God didn’t lose out, I did.

I allowed something worldly to interfere with the time I have devoted to my daily prayer. Evert morning prayer sets the foundation for the rest of my day. I lost out of this time of being in relationship with my Savior. Will God forgive me for this? Sure He will, but can I forgive myself for letting things of this world interfere?

I commonly allow distractions and stressful situations to overpower my prayer time and I lose out every time, because I depend on the peace that only Christ can give me to get me through the events of the day and to calm me when I’m stressed.

I realized while I was praying about this, that these distractions are an even bigger vice than my overeating ever was. I hadn’t really thought of it that way before. Since God has blessed me by healing my overeating, I need to start turning my distractibility over into His capable hands, as well. For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. Psalm 96:5

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: