Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If Christ Has Already Forgiven Me, Why Do I Find It So Difficult to Forgive Myself?

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Well, I want to look at this passage on another level. Last post, I told you about my going to the buffet two times in one month. Actually, it really was within three weeks, but I was afraid the title would be too long. Anyway, I kept chastising myself over and over again for doing that. God showed me a long time ago, that I have to be careful around buffets and I did it twice. Go figure???

What I’m mainly concerned about in this post is that I’m still beating myself up for doing this when Christ has already long forgiven me. I don’t know why I think I should be properly punished for making a mistake, actually making the same mistake twice. As I write this, I’m drawn to the point that Christ suffered for my sins, big and small, so that I don’t have to. This is really significant!!! God doesn’t want me punishing myself, but wants me to feel His healing touch in my life. He heals my pain, my disappointment, and my anger with myself if I let him.

I’m realizing that God wants me to be tenderhearted with myself and forgive myself, because I’m already forgiven! What more could a person ask for? And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: