Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Slipping Back into Satan’s Clutches?

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them. 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I’ve told you in some of my recent blog posts that I have been fallen prey to sugar and other foods, lately. This morning, I realized that this is very significant!!! If this has been happening more, then that means I am being more vulnerable to the things that used to work a wedge in my relationship with Christ and my family.

I almost started to panic. Am I slipping back into Satan’s Clutches? God gave me the feeling that He was going to work this out with me when I worked on the blog post today. Obviously, the posts aren’t always just for the readers. You wouldn’t believe how much they help me even when I re-read them long after they’ve posted.  They help to keep my mind looking Christ-ward rather than slipping back into the pits of despair.

When I turned to food and the temporary high it would give me, I was letting it be a false god in my life, although I professed to be a devout Christian. Anytime anything, even something as benign as knitting becomes too important in our lives, it is working a wedge in our relationship with Christ. Well, I was willingly jumping back on the food merry-go-round. The only thing is, when I turned to food and not Christ when I was stressed, etc. my life was not all that merry!

Writing this, I realize that there are more stressors in my life right now. There are so many things that are out of my hands. Turning to food and losing my way is not going to solve anything. I need to realize that this stress is a lot more significant than I’d like to admit. I feel like crying, but I’m sitting in the middle of a public library, so that’s not really possible.

I am so thankful for God’s showing me what is going on. I can’t change the other things, but God in His infinite mercy can take care of these things. I need to focus on this and pray for Him to protect me from slipping back into Satan’s clutches. 2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them. 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: