Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Worried About Not Being Able to Afford Food for My Family

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.                       John 6:35

There was a time where I was worried that I wouldn't be able to afford food for my family. Things were tight financially, so I planned and budgeted, trying to maximize every cent I could. I would buy powdered milk for my family in case we didn’t have enough milk to get through the month. Fortunately, they make powdered milk much tastier than when I was growing up. My children never complained, but I worried lots about our finances. The ironic thing is that the more I worried, the more I ate.

There was a point where God showed me that my worries about my finances were actually saying, in fact, that I didn’t trust God to take care of my family’s needs. I hadn't realized that before. Is that the message I wanted to give my children? Did I want them to think I’m not trusting God to take care of us? I also realize that my worry sets the foundation for how they handle situations as an adult.

When the worry about finances would creep back in, instead of eating, I tried to turn my eating, my food, my stress, and control over to God’s very capable hands. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. John 6:35

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: