Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Jesus Is the Calm in the Storm for Me!

Luke 8: 24 And they came to Him [Jesus], and awoke Him, saying, Master, Master, we perish. Then He arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. 

Jesus not only calmed the storm, but He IS the Calm in the Storm for me. We visited a place that holds many mixed memories for me. Some good and some I would rather forget. Although I tried to focus on the good memories, I allowed the other ones to crowd them out.

Instead of enjoying the walk down memory lane, I remembered being a fat child who had to try extra hard to get people to like me. Maybe that has rubbed off me today. I've been told that, at times, I try a little too hard to smooth things over with people who are upset with me. The part of me that doesn't like to give up control, doesn't know how to handle something like that. I think that there's something I can do to fix things, make them better. It's difficult for me to let negative situations go.

I forget that I can't be all things to all people. I have to remember that it doesn't mean that there is something inherently wrong with me, just because some people respond this way. I'm not the fat child that I was, but I am possibly still acting the same way, trying to go around pleasing everyone, trying to get them to like me anyway. Instead, I need to let go and turn to my Savior who is the calm in the storm for me!  Luke 8: 24 And they came to Him [Jesus], and awoke Him, saying, Master, Master, we perish. Then He arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: