Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Afraid I Might Become Too I-Me Focused...

For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. Luke 14:11

I was worried about this verse when God led me to start this blog. I have another blog: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life.  This blog site is where I post sections of the book: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life. After reading the Bible 16+ times, I felt led to write this book to show others examples of how I apply the Bible to my daily life. I think some people feel they can't relate to the Bible-that it's out-dated. This book gives examples of how it's not out-dated and still has relevance in our daily lives.

I was surprised when I woke up one morning and the thought that God had on my mind was that I was supposed to start another blog called: Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog. I first thought, "Are You really sure You want me to start another blog, God? Won't I be overwhelmed? Wouldn't You rather I continue to focus on the Bible Passages Blog- balance in all things, God? Don't You think I will be spreading myself to thin, God? Do You think that writing about how You took my overeating, my weight, control, and stress away will go to my head by working a wedge in my relationship with You, God?"

It might seem silly that I was worried about this, but I was. I was afraid that writing a blog about what God has done in my life might make me too I-Me Focused. God has played such a major role in my life, I didn't want to let anything work a wedge in my relationship with Him. Sure, I didn't want to gain the 80+ pounds back that God allowed me to lose over 30 years ago, but it was more than that. More than concern about any weight gain, I didn't want to lose the peace that God alone can give. He has gotten me through so much, has healed so many of my insecurities, and He leads me in directions I wouldn't have attempted without God's guidance.

Despite the fears that I mentioned above, more importantly, I have to trust God. Would God want me to do something that is going to lead me to stray from Him? I don't think so! I just have to trust God to take care of my ego and to be willing to do what He wants. It's really not about me. Gods wants others to know what miracles He can do in our daily lives with our eating, weight, stress, control, and so many other issues. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. Luke 14:11
Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: