You [have] laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps,[a.k.a. deep waters.] Psalm 88:6 KJV
Sometimes, it's so easy to look at all the gloom and doom in the world, and feel like our future is bleak, like the darkness in this passage. But I have to remind myself periodically, that the Lord God is loving, and if I continue to focus on Him and His love for us, He will get me through whatever lies ahead.
I used to think I was heavy, and I could only imagine being thinner, but the Lord God made it a reality, after living most of my life trying to hide my feelings in layers of fat. It was amazing when He showed me that's what I was doing. Instead of dealing with my feelings, I was turning my stress and worries over to food to comfort me. He showed me that food had not only become a crutch in my life, but a false god, because I turned to food instead of to Him. Once, I started putting my food, body, eating, and fears in the Lord God's gracious hands, my whole life changed.
It's not like I wasn't a Christian, and then I became one. I had been a Christian from early in my life. It's more that as a Christian, I was the one who hid my feelings, and emotions in the deep pit and felt like I was in the darkness. The Lord God didn't do that, and once I started turning all my worries, etc, over to Him, I didn't have to worry. I didn't have to rely on food anymore for comfort, I just needed to rely on the Lord God. So, whatever happens ahead, the Lord God will be by my side, even when all feels bleak!