Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

On the Way Here

 You, yourselves know how we lived in Egypt and how we passed through the countries on the way here. Deuteronomy 29:16

Although I've never been to Egypt, this sure triggered something within me. Really, the Israelites are talking about how they had to journey through the countries that were hateful to them and wouldn't even let them walk on their roads, despite the fact that they offered to buy water from them. They had to walk the long way around to get to the Promised Land. 

This give me a lot to think of. If I had been thin all my life, and kids picked me to be on their teams, and I had lots of friends growing up, instead of feeling left out, overlooked, and ridiculed because of my weight, I may not be here now. I wouldn't be writing this Christian blog, telling you how the Lord God did a miracle in my life, by allowing an 80+ pound weight loss, with the vast majority of it staying off for over 30 years, if I hadn't experienced all that on the way here. 

Maybe, instead of bemoaning the insensitive treatment that I had all those years, I should instead thank those people to leading me to the very best, extremely intimate personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, that goes far beyond any weight loss. He gives me a sense of calm, and a sense of purpose in my life. He makes me feel whole inside, where I always felt lacking. The thing is, He can do this for you, as well, if you ask Him into your life. You don't have to say any particular thing, or in any particular way. You don't have to say it out loud, because He hears you when you pray, even when it's simple words like: "Lord, I want to know You." He'll take it from there!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: