Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Grumbling and Arguing and Connecting the Dots

 Do everything without grumbling or arguing. Philippines 2:14 NIV Bible

I just got off the phone with my doctor's assistant and found myself not willing to do exactly as they said. Of course, I had a counter offer for them. That doesn't seem so much like arguing, but isn't it still just a way to appease those you are arguing with?

They wanted me to take a medication that has certain side effects that I don't want to chance. I told the very kind assistant, that I would be willing to do any healthy things instead of taking the recommended medication. That conversation happened about 15 minutes ago, so it was fresh on my mind. Then, I realized that I also grumble and argue with the Lord God in pretty much the same way, although I don't actually realize that's what it is. 

I tell the Lord God things like this when I think He wants me to do something, "Lord, I'm not so sure that I want to do what You asked me, because I'm far too busy, etc. How about I do this other thing instead?" I hadn't really connected the dots before, which really makes me think. When I ask the Lord to take care of my food, body, stress, and eating, He doesn't say to me, "Debbie, I'm not so sure I want to do what you asked Me, because I'm far too busy, etc. How about I do this other thing instead?" I feel really horrible, because I've been doing this periodically over many years now! I need to ask for forgiveness for grumbling and arguing when He asks anything of me, and be more open to be receptive to what He requests! 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: