Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Twist on Just as I Am

 When Timothy comes, see to it that he has nothing to fear while he is with you, for he is carrying on the work of the Lord, just as I am. 1 Corinthians 16:10 NIV Bible

In reality, did a search on BibleGateway.com for Just as I Am. The passage above is what came up that appealed to me, but has little to do with the reason I did the search. I had thought I'd write about how the Lord loves me just as I am, and He does, but that's not what this post is going to be about, after all. In this passage, the Apostle Paul is talking to them about assisting Timothy, so he can also continue sharing faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior, just as Paul is doing. 

Well, am I doing the same? Am I helping to share faith in Jesus Christ like Paul did? My sinful, human nature would like me to think I am, but I'm not. I make some halfway attempts at it, but I find so many other reasons to not fully do all the Lord God has on my heart. They would relate to someone else better than to me, why don't you have them share their faith, instead of me, Lord? Sometimes, people shy away from me when I share all the many blessings you've done in my life and for my family, I'm not the one you need to help others learn about You, Lord.

But maybe I am, and I'm not taking the risks to share my faith. Sure, it's easy for me to sit behind a computer screen and tell people how the Lord God allowed me to loose over 80 pounds and has kept the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, but is that truly the same as saying it face to face? I have so much to be prayerful about!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: