Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Do I Keep Posting About Friendship Issues?

 Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. 

I realize for the last couple of months, I've been posting about friendship issues and giving too much advice and not listening enough. It may see like a strange thing to post on the Christian Overeating Past and Present Blog, but is it really?

I don't know about you, but much of my overeating over the years has been tied to stress, worry, low self-esteem and making food a false god, turning to food, instead of turning these issues over to Christ's very capable hands. Whenever I do turn things over into Christ's hands, He is able to show me what He wants for me to know. When I turn things over to Him, I don't have that "eat the doorknobs off feeling" where I eat and eat and eat and still feel hungry, because I haven't resolved the problems, at hand.

These friendship, relationship issues have caused me stress. Not that I have been stressed because of them, but because I have caused other people I care about to be stressed and to feel alone at times they wanted support. 

One of the extremely positive things about this blog, is that it continues to allow me an avenue to process things with my Lord and Savior, and He gives me perspective when things arise, if I allow Him to. Usually, I do this at home, in the quiet of my bedroom, but this time, He had it on my heart to do it on my blog. Maybe, it's so I'm properly humbled, because I haven't been the friend I should have been. Maybe it's so others may realize that God is there for us in all the situations that arise in our lives. I'm not certain why, but I felt led to do it regardless. Fortunately, the Lord is there for all of us!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: