Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Too Much of a Good Thing!

 If you find honey, eat just enough-too much of it, and you will vomit. Proverbs 25:16

We went to a Chinese Buffet [my favorite] with a family member. I hadn't gone since the Pandemic started, because I basically try not to eat in big crowds of people these days. I'm not so worried about getting COVID, but I am concerned about getting it and passing it on to relatives and those I care about.

I knew I might not get to come to a Chinese Buffet for a long time, so I really loaded up on the food. My plate looked like Mount Vesuvius! I wanted to say that's a slight exaggeration, but in reality, it isn't! 

I enjoyed all the food on my heaping plate and then saw someone walk by with nice fresh slices of watermelon and other fruit. I knew I was full, but did I pay attention to the instincts that the Lord God guided me by? Unfortunately not! I heaped up another plate with three slices of watermelon, some cantaloupe, and something else. Fruit is healthy, right???? After eating all of that when I was already full, left me feeling lethargic. I wasn't being a good example of how God guides me in my life! I just gave into the temptations that Satan dangled in front of me and justified gorging myself, because I hadn't been to a buffet in a long time. Fortunately, Christ is very forgiving and is leading me to return to my healthier eating plan!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: