Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Second-Guessed Myself and I Should Have Known Better

 When the man of God had finished eating and drinking, the prophet who had brought him back saddled his donkey for him. 1 Kings 13:23

You need some background information to why this particular Bible verse is significant to me. Well, the Lord God had a man go and tell Jeroboam some of the consequences of his wicked actions in leading others astray. God told this man who shared this information that he shouldn't eat or drink anything there until he returned. A prophet heard about the man of God and he deceitfully told him that an angel had come to him and told him that he was supposed to bring the man of God back there and give him something to eat and drink [although this wasn't true!]

The man of God second-guessed himself, when He knew what the Lord God had told him, but he went back with the other prophet believing what he said to be true. On the way home, the man of God died shortly after he finished eating, because he had gone against the Lord God's warning to not eat there. 

I realize that you might think this is a strange passage to relate to, but in reality, it isn't. Recently, I made strawberry shortcake for someone who is diabetic with sugar free whipped topping and sugar substitute in the strawberries. I'm hypoglycemic, so I try not to eat anything with refined sugar. I mentioned that I was thinking of eating some of it too, because I rarely eat desserts and it was sugar-free. The thing is, I second-guessed myself! God has shown me over time that my body doesn't handle sugar-free substitutes very well. I wanted to listen to those who were encouraging me to have some strawberry shortcake. It was soooo good that I made some more a few days later, but now I'm sorry for doing so! I should have known better! Now, my sleep pattern is off and my digestive system is out of whack and I'm praying for God to heal me from giving in to something I knew was bad for me!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: