Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Remember to Forgive Yourself

 Bless the Lord, all my soul, and [don't] forget all His benefits. Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction; who [crowns] you with lovingkindness & tender mercies; Who satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  Psalm 103:2-5

 Wow! This Bible passage really hit the spot! If you have been following these blog posts over the last month or so, I have been doing some deep soul searching, because I wasn't the friend I wanted to be. In fact, I spend several weeks kicking myself over it, disappointed that I hadn't listened the way my friend needed.

The underlined portion holds the key to all of this, for it is the Lord God who forgives all our iniquities [sins]. So if He, in his infinite mercy, does this for us, shouldn't we remember to forgive ourselves, as well?

God doesn't want me to go around kicking myself for this, or for fudging on my food plan, or being tempted by strawberry shortcake. This passages says, it's the Lord who satisfies your mouth with good things, but that doesn't mean that we should take advantage of God's good nature and do it to the point we make ourselves sick to our stomachs, or to do it too often! Fortunately, the Lord God forgives all our iniquities and is there with us through the good and the bad.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: