Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Worrying about the What-Ifs...

 And they were there with David three days, eating and drinking, for their brethren had prepared for them. 1 Chronicles 12:39

After seeing that I had gained two pounds after getting on the scale after many months of not doing so, I started worrying if I were going to start gaining weight after all the 30+ years that Christ had allowed the vast majority of my weight to stay off. If I were really thinking clearly, I would have realized that I just needed to make sure my relationship with Christ was in alignment and the eating would fall into place, but I was caught up in the what-ifs! 

What if I can't stop gaining, what if gain all my weight back, etc.? I had picked up the old habit of snacking with my husband in the evenings while we watched T.V. together. I usually chose healthy snacks, but during this period of worrying about the what-ifs, it seems that the more I worried, the worse my snacking had become. It started seeming more important than it was and I started spending time planning out what I was going to snack each evening, but never really felt full. That's because I was turning to food for comfort, turning to food to tell me who I was instead of putting my stress and my eating into Christ's very capable hands-a lesson He taught me years ago at the beginning of the 80+ pound weight loss He allowed.

I was starting to be aware of what a problem the snacking was becoming and how my thinking had been clouded ever since I got on the scale and saw I had gained two pounds back. It seems silly to talk about two pounds having that big of an effect, but Satan knows where our weaknesses are and apparently that's where I was weakest at that time. Christ kept trying to keep refocusing me, and some times I was more open to it and sometimes I felt myself slipping down that old rabbit hole. Fortunately for me, Christ didn't give up on me easily! More to come in future posts.

 And they were there with David three days, eating and drinking, for their brethren had prepared for them. 1 Chronicles 12:39

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: