Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Tempted Again, and Again, and Again, and Again...

 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Although it may sound funny to some, I fell back into old eating and thinking patterns after stepping on the scale and finding out that I had gained two pounds back. I know, it sounds silly. I've gained two pounds here and there over the years, and every time I put my eating and stress in Christ's very capable hands, the weight came back off, but I wasn't doing that, this time. Actually, I was, but not with a whole heart, not focused on the Lord's will for me. I was just going through the motions!

After lots and lots and lots of prayerful contemplation over the weeks after getting on the scale, Christ had it on my heart that the snacking had become too important. I rarely used to snack, but why was it sooooo very difficult for me to give up snacking this time? I was letting food become a false god in my life again, turning to it for comfort instead of turning to my Lord and Savior. That really got me to thinking and trying to figure out how to turn this negative pattern around.

It took lots of praying, lots of making sure I had substantial food for dinner, so I didn't set myself up for snacking. It was difficult for many weeks watching my husband snack in the evenings, but not snacking myself.  It was almost a white-knuckle thing some evenings. I did keep a glass a milk handy through the evening while I watched T.V. with him, so I could drink some milk whenever I felt like snacking. Satan was hanging on to this stronghold he had on me with a vengeance and wasn't willing to give up on tempting me again and again. Fortunately, our Lord is all-powerful and wasn't going to let me slip away easily, but praying every time I felt tempted was the way He allowed me to escape and to bear it. I am sooooo thankful! 

 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: