Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Weights and Scales, Oh, My!

 'You shall have honest scales, honest weights, an honest ephah, and an honest hin [liquid measurement]: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.' Leviticus 19:36

You might wonder what this passage has to do in a Christian Overeaters post, but it is very pertinent to my situation. You should know this verse it is really talking about how God didn't want people to shortchange each other with dishonest weights and scales, but that's not how I applied this verse to my life.

We were mailing a small package and were trying to get an idea of how much it weighed to gage the amount of money needed to pay for its postage. I laid the package on our scale, but it didn't even register any numbers. Then I remembered a trick. I got on the scale to weigh myself, which is where the topic begins, and then I weighed myself with the package and subtracted the difference.

The problem was, when I first weighed myself, I found out that I weighed two pounds more than I usually do. Now, two pounds more isn't really that big a deal, but it started my mind in a tails spin, worrying if I was in a downward spiraling trajectory, only to gain all my weight back- all from a two pound weight gain! I know it's not reasonable, especially with Christ allowing the vast majority of my weight to stay off for over 30 years.  That's why this is called Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog, because it doesn't take much to go back into old unproductive patterns of thinking and/or eating. 

It was on my mind that night and for many more days to come, but to be as honest with readers as I can, I will share what happened in the posts ahead.  'You shall have honest scales, honest weights, an honest ephah, and an honest hin [liquid measurement]: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.' Leviticus 19:36

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: