Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Satisfied although I had Eaten Enough!

 "When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back your bread by weight, & you shall eat and not be satisfied." Leviticus 26:26

The part that pertains to this post is underlined and is about eating and not being satisfied. In the previous post, I told how I got on the scale and found out I had gained two pounds which caused my old eating habits to crop back up!

I don't usually weigh myself on the scale, because it's too easy to give the scale the power to tell you whether you've been good or bad, related to weight loss or gain. It's very easy to take that concept even further. It's easy to let the scale tell you whether you are a good or worthwhile person or not, depending on what number the scale shows. Many years prior to this, Christ showed me many things after I prayed and told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't and was giving up on dieting! Over the years, I've realized that's probably the first time I've ever given up control and put it in Christ's very capable hands. He showed me that I should rarely get on the scale, because I had allowed it to tell me who I am and what kind of person I am.  After all these years of knowing this, I stepped on that scale to weigh a package, and fell back into those old counterproductive ways. I was eating, but was never satisfied! Fortunately, God helped me through this, but it took weeks or months to get refocused. I will share what happened in the future posts. "When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back your bread by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied." Leviticus 26:26

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: