Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Running for Sophomore Secretary Years Ago

Galatians 5: 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

This reminds me of when of when I wanted to be be the Sophomore Secretary. I was running against a girl who had just been selected to the high school's drill team. I went around telling people that she didn't deserve to be the Sophomore Secretary, because her commitment to the drill team would have been too much of a responsibility to do justice to the Sophomore class.

I am ashamed to say, that I fit this Bible verse to a tee! It's really not the type of thing I take pleasure sharing with others. I had wanted the Sophomore Secretary positions so much that I was envious of the other girl. She one the Sophomore election. They made the best choice, I'd have to admit. They got a person who had not stooped to envy, who had not belittled the competition, and was very responsible! 

Hopefully, Christ has allowed me to grow beyond the young girl I was who responded in a manner so unbecoming a Christian. Fortunately for me, Christ forgives me of all my indiscretions and when I backslide into my old eating patterns. He refreshes my faith in Him, to lead me in the direction that is beneficial. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: