Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

With the Mouth Confession Is Made Unto Salvation

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I need for you to know that this post isn't going to be the actual meaning of this particular Bible verse. I will be sharing with you how I relate some of the Bible verses to my life. I had been a Christian and a compulsive overeater for years. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian and a compulsive overeater. I'm just showing how I applied this verse to my life.

Before I turned my food, body, eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands where He allowed an 80+ pound weight loss and has kept the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, Christ showed me lots of lessons. Some I learned right away and some I was stubborn about, but eventually learned. This would be an example of the latter.

There was a point where Christ was trying to show me how food had become too important in my life. I'm not proud to say that an example would be that I was crabby with my family if they ate the foods I had saved for myself. Anyway, He was showing me the effects that food, thinking about food and feelings of self-loathing were impacting my life and the lives of those around me. I tried to tell myself that it wasn't true, but it was. You can't fool God. 

You would think I would know that. What's more than that, I tried to avoid paying attention to the lesson He was trying to show me. I would know there was something I shouldn't eat, especially sweets, because they affect my blood sugar and I got cranky with my family. I would try to gobble it up really fast and then say, "God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know I shouldn't eat it. Please forgive me." The thing is, I knew full-well that I should eat that, but I was still trying to fool God and myself, I'm ashamed to say.  

Through all of this, Christ was able to show me that food had become a false god in my life. I turned to it in times of stress, etc. instead of turning these things into Christ's very capable hands. After trying to fool God for so long, I could no longer deny that food had become a false god. I got to the point that I felt helpless to change my actions and gave up and shared that with God. I also told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin that He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. And you know what, He did, starting that very same day! I actually didn't expect anything to happen, which shows how weak my faith was, but God still caused this miracle in my life. Starting that afternoon, I no longer craved excessive amounts of food, sweets, carbs, etc. He replaced my self-loathing with healing and a thankful heart. He changed my life in sooooo many ways and filled me with a sense of calm where I no longer needed to turn to food.  In this situation, Christ's healing my overeating, allowed my mouth to be used to share the miracle He did in my life instead of stuffing food down it. (With the Mouth Confession Is Made Unto Salvation)

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: