Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Only Loving Those Who Can Reciprocate

Matthew 5: 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the Publicans the same?

This is a very thought-provoking passage. I'm supposed to be kind to my enemies, and those who have been rude and spiteful to me. I'm supposed to be kind to those who put down my faith in Christ. I'm supposed to be kind to those who lack a good work ethic, have a different ethnicity, or vices where they make life-altering poor choices.

Let's think about it. Jesus was kind to His enemies and those who were rude and spiteful to Him. He was kind to those who didn't believe He was the Son of God. He was kind to those who lacked a good work ethic. He was kind to people of every ethnicity, in fact, He gave His Own life for them so that we all could have salvation in heaven with Him, if we know Him as our Savior. He was kind to those with vices even if they made life-altering poor choices

If you think of it, if Jesus was kind to all of these people, I don't think He would take kindly to us judging others for their skin color, ethnicity, life style choices, political views, income levels, etc. This especially seems significant in a time when I hear of so many judging others and I am seeing less compassion and kindness, which is what Jesus would have shown. Food for thought!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: