Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Is Greater Than Our Heart, and Knoweth All Things!

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

After years of compulsive overeating, I told myself some terrible things. I told myself that I wasn't worthy of being thin, not worthy of having good friendships and relationships.  

I told myself that I deserved people ignoring my opinions and feelings, because I was overweight and deserved it. 

I told myself, that I was worthless because I was heavy and it didn't matter if others took advantage of me. I told myself that I was ugly, because I was heavy. I told myself that I didn't deserve good things in my life.

Fortunately, God is Greater than our heart, and knoweth all things, even if we have condemning hearts.  First of all, Christ loves us whether we are thin or heavy! He does want us to be healthy, but regardless of our size He loves us unconditionally!!!! Christ feels we are all worthy of good friendship and healthy relationships. He doesn't want us settling for less!

God wants us to know that He loved us enough to send Christ to give His life and rise again for us, so our opinions and feelings most definitely matter! If we are around people that minimize us, because of our weight or looks, it's time to be open to finding people that Christ would want in our lives who are more supportive of us and our feelings. 

Christ doesn't want us to allow ourselves to be taken advantage of, because we are His children and are worthy of respect! Christ doesn't want us judging who we are by our physical size or appearance, because what matters is our love for Christ and trying to live as examples of how He works in our lives. (Sure, none of us is perfect, but Christ still wants us to try to be examples of His Grace.) Christ wants good in our lives, but we, as Christians, need to know that Christians don't always have only good things in our lives. We need to know that Christ will be with us when the bad things happen, but they don't happen because we are heavy or thin. Fortunately, God is Greater than our heart, and knoweth all things

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: