Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What to Do When You Have a Dilemma

1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

I read this Bible verse and I'm very torn. I agree with Christ's letting us know through the Bible that we are to honor all men and to love the brotherhood. He wants us to love our neighbors as ourselves.

It's tricky for me, when it says to honor the king, although we don't technically have a king. My problem is that the person in charge of my country doesn't honor all men and love our neighbors as ourselves. This baffles me and is enough to eat myself silly, at times!

When I pray about this, I am supposed to honor the person in charge by being respectful. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with how he treats others, especially those of other ethnicity. I don't approve of his being disrespectful to others and need to make sure I'm not being disrespectful to him, as well. The way I resolve these things is to stay focused on Christ getting me and those I care for, through these times when we hear more negativity coming from some politicians in lead positions. My focus needs to continue to be on Christ!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: