Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So, I Slipped...

Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

There was a time that when I would slip off of my eating plan, I would feel like a big failure and give up. Often, these times were self-destructive where I was punishing myself with all types of foods and delicacies for not being a better Christian.

The thing is, slipping off an eating plan really has no connection to whether a person is a good Christian or not. Christ doesn't just love us when we are thin. In fact, Jesus loves us in spite all our many, many shortcomings and has compassion for us. 

He will take away our pain and self-loathing if we let Him. His grace is what saves us, not our clothing size.  So, when we slip, we need to dust ourselves back off and turn our lives over into the very capable hands of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He will be there for us even when we can't be there for ourselves!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: