Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being a Ducks-in-a Row Person

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Being a Ducks-in-a-Row person, there are times I wish I knew when the end of the world was. There have been so many hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes and other natural disasters this year that it gets me to wondering. I could worry myself silly over these things and eat to oblivion, but that's not what my Lord wants for me!

Christ tells us that we aren't supposed to know when the end is, so why do we try so hard to figure it out? I think it's like going to the dentist. I like him to explain what he's going to do before he does it, so that I don't worry so much while he's doing it. Christ did tell us in the Bible what's going to happen at the end, but there are so many, many different interpretations about it, that it could make your head spin.

What I've found that's helpful is putting all my focus on Christ. If the end is in six days, six weeks, months, years, decades, etc. and my focus in on Christ my Savior, then I will go to heaven. It doesn't say that those who figure out if or when there is a rapture, resurrection or second coming are going to heaven. The Bible doesn't say that only those who totally understand all the language of Revelation are going to heaven. It doesn't say we have to be perfect to go to heaven. It just says that we need to focus on Jesus Christ as our Savior and He will take care of the rest. Whenever I think of this, it calms down my tendency to want to get all my ducks-in-a-row!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: